Well hello dear reader! Thank you for taking the time to visit Muddy Stilettos, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy making it.
I’m Anna-Lou, a journalist for nearly 20 years (age spoiler alert ; ) writing for magazines, websites and major brands. After spending many a cold and wet morning on train platforms commuting to London, I’ve finally taken the plunge and decided to do a job closer to home. What’s the point in living in such a beautiful county if I don’t get to enjoy all the amazing things on my doorstop (and what better county for a Muddy Stiletto, than Northamptonshire the shoe making capital of the world)!
Muddy Stilettos first tottered into the world in Summer 2011 as a bit of fun for the founder, Hero Brown. The idea was a simple one: to write a witty but indispensable local guide to the very best restaurants, walks, boutiques, day trips, hotels, interiors and events (whilst also perking up her social life). So as you can imagine, when the chance arose to be Editor of Northants, I almost bit her hand off!
So a bit about me…
Aside from being a journo, I’m a mother of two (three if you include the massive dog). Welsh born and raised in the North East, I moved to Northants from London 14 years ago, and have now lived here longer than anywhere else (I‘m working my way through the county to find the perfect, triple fried chip). When I first moved here I would have loved something like this to help me find my way around, and maybe even meet like-minded people.
Everything on Muddy Stilettos Northants is checked out by me personally, with a focus on the quirky and interesting; so no advertorial, no PR guff and a genuine, upbeat honesty. As well as being an indispensable local guide, it’s also a platform for local businesses to get their message across and for us to see what an amazing and creative county we live in.
I really do hope you love the blog; please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my marvellardo free posts, delivered to your inbox! Thanks for reading, and thank you for being part of something special!
Along with Muddy Stilettos Northants, 2016 sees the launch of Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey, Kent, Norfolk, Sussex, Somerset and Cornwall (with more to follow in 2017). So if you’re ever visiting other counties, you know you’ll have your trusted Muddy guide with you.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the blog:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial blog and as such accepts advertising. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I won’t write nasty reviews. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies, but if the experience wasn’t good enough, I won’t write about it in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need for a successful blog and the trust that my readers require.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc. with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos (as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all of the time). Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you would like me to try you out, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- @muddynorthants (Twitter)
- muddy_northants (Instagram)
- Muddy Stilettos – Northants (Facebook)