It’s a steal: Deals to be had at the Furniture Quarter
Table top ice buckets and much, much more - Muddy's guide to the best outdoor furniture, soooo much to choose.
I wrote this back in the summer, but just realised it’s now all on sale, yipee!
I love this time of the year where I can move my office outside and listen to the birds sing while I sip on something chilled (if it’s after 6pm it’s fine to swap the sparkling water for the other sparkly). After a decade of having a haphazard garden we’ve finally taken the plunge to get it landscaped in July and it’s got me all in a tizz about outdoor furniture (because of course I’ll need to upgrade, natch). I’ve got my eyes on quite a few pieces but these two beauties have won me over and I’ll leave you to guess why…
Firstly, I’ve never sat on a bar stool in my garden, but now I’ve seen this, I really wanna. There are six tall stools (plenty of mates) and it has a tempered glass topped table that (wait for it…) has a luxurious inset ice bucket!!! Now I know what you’re thinking, whoopee, and also, DANGEROUS! But I say hey ho, we work hard, we’re having a heatwave and who wants to waste precious time running to the fridge for a top up (my sentiments exactly ; )
If you have bar stool fear (it is a thing you know, people having too many and toppling off), this ample corner seating area and table provide plenty of space for the largest of feasts. It’s also got three additional footstools that can be used as extra seating (and no arguing in the family over who gets a foot stool, a regular occurrence in Muddy Towers). The bar stool set is £1119 and the corner set is £1149, both from beaut little local shop The Furniture Quarter in Northampton.
Of course though, there’s plenty more I’d like for my new garden, so I’ve wrapped them up in an outdoor living wish list just for you (I’ll need to lay off the G&Ts now to work to pay for it all)…
(Above, clockwise from top left) 1. Bright, breezy and a bonafide bargain – check out this cute Habitat yellow bistro set, £76 down from £95 in the sale. If you buy this, the sun will shine forever I reckon (Parc bistro set, £76, Habitat)
2. Sofa, so good? (Sorry, I’ve never met a crap joke I didn’t like). This is a three-seater, but it’ll be solely occupied by me, myself and I (Ariel sofa, £550, John Lewis)
3. Where deckchairs and art collide…. yes really. The technicolour dream chair was inspired by David Hockney’s iPad paintings (Maui deckchair, £48, Habitat)
4. This pizza firepit is a multi-tasker – it’ll cook your margherita and then warm up the patio as the sun dips down (pizza firepit, £100, Next)
(Above, from left) 1. When did gazebos get so fancy pants? This one is simple and chic and basically a portable conservatory (Applaro gazebo, £250, Ikea)
2. Excuse me while I lock my children in the cellar and have a sublime snooze (Oli hammock, £425, Rosara)
3. I love this unusual combo of dainty white metal lattice-work chairs and hefty oak table (Montpellier armchair, £325; Riviera round dining table, £720, Rosara)
And last, but by no means least, Mr Muddy’s pic of the pops. A super stylish and sleek (sounds exactly like him, ahem) BBQ Grill which is chef grade and FOLDS AWAY! It’s £549 from The Furniture Quarter and Mr M has already marked up where he wants it…boys and their toys eh!
Hurry, because there’s a huge 15% off all outdoor ranges!