5 reasons to downsize…
Ever thought about downsizing or maybe your folks have? Here's 5 reasons why it could work for you...
A question for many over 50’s is whether to downsize or not? It’s something that can take a lot of consideration, time and research but in more recent years, downsizing has become increasingly popular and we’re here to tell you why! Like everything, it has its pros and cons but here are 5 reasons we think downsizing is one of the best things you can do!
1) Downsizing is a great way to release extra cash. Sure, you can keep it for visitors and the Grandkids, but do you and your beau really need to rattle around a 4 bedroomed house? Now is your time to spend the cash on things you enjoy to do, – activities, hobbies or travelling to places you’ve always wanted to visit.
2) Everyone seems to be loving this trend of decluttering now, thanks Marie Kondo, but downsizing will really give you a chance to go through everything you have left in your home, get rid of the clutter and keep the important things. It’s also great to reminisce on old memories and find things you totally forgot you had.
3) From saving money to having less rooms to clean, this can all come from downsizing, which can also minimise stress and reap incredible physiological benefits. This can all make you so much happier and improve well-being, which is ultimately what we’re after, right?
4) Downsizing can make things so much easier for you physically too. A small house means less struggles if you have bad back issues or find it difficult going up and down stairs. Moving to a smaller place can make you feel more comfortable and less worried which means you can embrace your home more.
5) There is now a lot more choice for people wanting to downsize with retirement operators understanding the increased demand of people wanting more flexible options, but not compromising on service and overall satisfaction. So, downsizing has never been easier really.
If you or your folks live in Northamptonshire and are looking for somewhere rather beautiful to downsize to, Hawthorns Retirement Village is totes awes (I mean, it really is; bowling alley, restaurant quality food, pre dinner drinks – all included)! Opened in April 2018, The Hawthorns is an all-inclusive retirement village. It offers premium service and facilities that will make you think twice about your thoughts on retirement homes. We’ve had a little visit, and it’s a modern building based in Upton, close to J16 and M1, but is surrounded by fields, nature reserves and open spaces.
Freshly prepared meals are nutritionally balanced and use locally sourced fresh produce that comes from a selection of providers, making sure they can give something for everyone (our lunch was super tasty, AND they gave us a glass of vino). Everyone’s well-being is looked after by a comprehensive programme for health and independence. From your mind, body and soul you can enjoy a range of social and physical activities that family and friends can take part in when visiting. Retirement and downsizing might not be a sexy subject, but it is an important one. And if you’re not sure, you can trial it beforehand. A one-month spring break, all-inclusive is £65 per day, so you can see for yourself. Don’t just take our word for it, read some testimonials below, or head over to their website now to find out everything they have to offer.
Jackie moved in on 01/09/2018.
“My first impression was WOW and it was my family who decided to look while I was on holiday and they loved The Hawthorns. I saw it and so wished I had done it sooner. What a great community and very friendly and helpful staff.”
Jean and Michael Stroud
Jean and Mike moved in on 01/11/2018 .
“We moved at the right time and it’s a wonderful place to live. We can do what we like, when we like, but still be part of a community; to sum it up, freedom. Activities are very good with lots of trips out and staff here are very caring and very helpful”
David and Audrey Barlow
David and Audrey moved in on 01/05/2018
“We didn’t need a trial as soon as we came here we liked it very much. It’s the best life for us and it could not get any better. Why oh why didn’t we do it sooner. It’s good we knew the area, there is plenty to do with outings and activities if you want to”
Bruce moved in on 17/10/2018 he said…
“I wish I had done it earlier at least 6 to 7 years ago but this was not built then. I am glad that I decided to come to The Hawthorns when I did. The amenities and the staff are great, there’s something to do every day if you want to. Staff are very caring too.”